Greetings band fans!
We had a great week and managed to miss the rain for Friday night’s game! Thank you to all who came out and cheered us on! We look forward to seeing you this week and you will enjoy seeing the show evolve. This week we will perform an intro with added visuals and choreography as well as the ballad and if the rain lets up enough for us to practice with our props we will bring those out as well. Thank you to the prop team that worked on building what you will see unveiled over the next few weeks!
- Many students have forgotten uniform items at home and had to borrow from the uniform room. Those items need to come back, bring replacements or bring money to replace. We are now very short or even completely empty on some items. Many students are having issues remembering their brown belt and now the uniform room is completely out. There are no brown belts to loan. Parents, please get with your band member and inventory their uniform before the coming game. Please return all borrowed items by checking to clear your name from the OBLIGATION LIST.
- We will wear our full uniform for the first time for the Hays game on Sept 21. For this you will need to make sure your child has long black socks (a few spare pairs are a good thing to have at home as well).
- Here are the upcoming pass off assignments. Just as we have been doing…..You must have your assignment completed and cleared for that week to be able to march in the show at the end of the week. REMEMBER, if you have any problems with the technology you may always submit recordings with a metronome clicking as you play via email or app. For the IN CLASS assignments you need to be prepared to play your music memorized with step outs to a metronome click.
When we all achieve and are accountable INDIVIDUALLY the TEAM is successful!!!!
9/12 Part 1 and 2 IN CLASS – play it memorized with step outs
9/19 Part 3 Closer Smart Music/recording submitted by midnight
9/21 Part 3 Closer – IN CLASS play it memorized with step outs
- ABBA (Anderson Band Booster Association) has a meeting TUESDAY, Sept 11 at 6:30pm in the band hall. All Parents/guardians are welcome to attend!
- ***Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Band bring CONCERT INSTRUMENTS on FRIDAY of this week. We will be doing region music masterclasses ***
Please come out and support the Percussion section at the Dripping Springs Drum line Contest on September 15th. Our Warm up time is 10:15 AM and we perform at Noon. We will need help moving equipment so please email email@example.com if you are available. We will be carpooling to the contest to allow people to stay and watch the contest, or to leave after we play. The contest does not end until 7 pm, and I highly recommend staying to watch some of the other groups there. There are a lot of talented drum lines at this contest! We will also be rehearsing after school Friday from 4:45- 6:15 to prepare for the contest. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. See you there!!
THE WEEK AT A GLANCE
Band – the Belle tune is “ANIMAL”
Monday (9/10) Evening rehearsal 5-7:30pm
Tuesday (9/11) ABBA Meeting 6:30 band hall
Wednesday (9/12) Band morning rehearsal 7:10-8:30am; GUARD 5-7pm
Thursday (9/13) Full Band and guard 7:10am-8:30am
THURSDAY GAME is at Nelson Field against Del Valle!
Friday (9/14) No rehearsal
Saturday (9/15) Drum Line – Dripping Springs Competition
Monday Sept 17 – Indoor Drum Line Parent meeting for those interested in Indoor DLine. 7:45pm in band hall immediately following rehearsal
SEPT 19 – Jamie Hunt is coming back for a FLUTE region masterclass!!! Calling all flute players – after school in the band hall at 4:45!!!
Sept 20 is LATE START – we will start rehearsal at 7:10am as usual that day and rehearse the extra hour (7:10am-9:40am)