Greetings Trojan Band Fans!
Thank you SO SO SO much to our entire Trojan Band Family for the amazing work on the mulch fundraiser. That is a gritty fundraiser and it takes the entire team of band and guard muscle. To all of the band and guard kids that did your part and hauled that mulch this weekend – you guys are AMAZING! We got so much positive feedback from the community. Way to represent us! To the parents that drove trucks and follow cars….THANK YOU! You are angels for giving up your time for this massive team effort and we could not have done it without you! Lastly – a RESOUNDING thank you to the two ladies who coordinated it ALL, Susana Campos and Ellen Stewart. These ladies put in hours and hours of work coordinating orders, routing and supplying food for the weekend. Twice they had to rework all plans because of weather, for that we are so grateful! Thank you to everyone who played a part this weekend – Band folks are truly the best.
Congrats to Anderson Jazz on a great performance at the Longhorn Jazz Festival on Saturday. Thank you so much to the friends and family who came to support our awesome musicians! Very proud of our Jazzers!
COMING UP! SPRING CAMP IS THIS WEEK!!! THE 2019 MARCHING SHOW WILL BE REVEALED!
THIS IS FOR BAND AND GUARD!!!
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 5pm-7pm for ALL current 9, 10, 11 grade Anderson Band students. This is required for all regardless of enrollment next year.
- PARENT HANG – Wednesday April 17 from 5-7pm (while the kids are at camp!) at Monitas (formerly Molcas) 8127 Mesa Drive. Reach out to Christine McBride at 512-809-7157 with questions.
- Thursday we will do a ‘show off’ on the last day of a tiny bit of the opener/intro and some of the exercises we have been working on. It will be very basic because this is also structured to ‘indoctrinate’ the 8th grade students on their new marching instruments but lots of fun and good info for next year’s season. Show off will start at 6:30pm in the LARGE GYM (I think I previously said 6pm….make it 6:30. We will need the time.)
- If you know any 8th grade band or guard parents remind them that there is a new band parent meeting Thursday at 5pm in the band hall area.
ANDERSON CITY LIMITS – AUG 23 (Mandatory for all band and guard students)
For those of you new to Anderson – Anderson City Limits is a blast and truly one of my FAVORITE events of the year…basically our way of getting together as a band family with Murchison and relaxing with great music…..a bit of a band carnival/showcase. We have showcases of each instrument featuring every member of our vertical team, the Jazz Bands as well as a demonstration from the Guard. Don’t want to cook dinner?? Come sit, chat with friends and buy TACO dinners from the Anderson Food Truck (so delicious!)
- RAFFLE TICKETS ON SALE on the Trojan Band Website Store! Lots of amazing prizes and your chances are VERY GOOD of winning….Kendra Scott, Galaxy Cafe, $150 worth of Dream Dinners (Man….who doesn’t want that?!?), gift certificates for home organizing services and LOTS of restaurant gift certificates!
- TACO DINNER TICKETS ON SALE ON THE BAND WEBSITE AS WELL!
- Do you know a student that is coming to Anderson at some point but not currently at Murchison (ex: private school students)? INVITE THEM TOO!! Send Ms. Gonzalez an email and we can get that child music and they can report to the warm up and practice then perform with all of our students.
That is all for now. You are all wonderful and I truly appreciate and enjoy being a part of this village!
MAY 3 – Band and Guard LOCK IN
May 6 – ABBA Meeting
May 10 – BAND BANQUET – Tickets go on sale May 6 ($25 ea) Venue is Sterling Event Center; Dress is FORMAL and formal dinner is provided.
May 14 Spring Concert and Senior Band and Guard Recognition
May 20 – Percussion Spring Concert
May 31 – GRADUATION 4pm – ALL non-Senior Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble required to attend.