From our ABBA President-elect, Thanh Tran:
Tomorrow is game day! For some of you this might be your first Anderson High School football game, and for others it’s just automatic for you to attend the games. I created a list of tips in case anyone needs to know or needs a refresher. If you have more tips, please post them in the Parents group in the BAND app.
Go Trojans! Go Band!
– Tickets at the gate are Adults $9/Students $5. They take cash and credit cards (my memory from last year).
– AISD has a Clear Bag policy. It looks like Round Rock and Leander ISD also have the policy for their games and competitions (includes Kelly Reeves Stadium). https://www.austinisd.org/athletics/clear-bags
– Get to House Park early. It’s a small stadium, so it will get full quickly for this game. This is usually the game in which the elementary football, cheer and dance kids are recognized for their participation in summer camps. Luckily we are the Home team so the sun will be behind us this year.
– Bring a seat cushion and find Your People (that means other band parents). We are usually in the section next to the band. I don’t advise sitting in the section at the end because that’s typically the student section.
– If you want to eat nearby, there’s the Tavern, House Park BBQ, Austin Land & Cattle, Thundercloud Subs, Soup Peddler.
– Concessions are usually water, soda, chips, nachos, hot dogs, candy, etc. Some items sell out quickly. They take credit cards.
– Show your pride! Wear Anderson gear or at least something blue.
– If you have pictures, you can post them on our Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/ahstrojanband/
– If you can’t join us, watch the game on TV at 7:30 pm on KBVO, Cable channel 7, Dish/DirectTV Channel 51, AT&T channel 7. They show the halftime shows!
– Most importantly, have fun. These are teenagers on the field, in the stands, and on the sidelines who have spent a majority of their summer practicing for game day. Let’s show them all some love!