I hope everyone is staying warm and toasty on the ice-day!
Congratulations to the following students for representing Anderson at the AREA competition this past weekend! David Oh, Mary White, Will Sztejnberg, Sam Johnson, Liam Gompf (missed all-state by 1 chair!) Alec Monroy and Jess Rugeley. WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOUR WORK and many hours on those etudes!!!
- All-City Band is this weekend 1/19 and 1/20)! If you are participating in All-City, schedule is below. Dinner will be provided Friday night (pizza). You will need to bring your lunch Friday and bring money for walking to lunch on Saturday. If you want to have lunch with your family on Saturday that is fine, too! All events take place at the AISD Performing Arts Center. We will give students a ride TO all city, but it is their responsibility to get a ride FROM All city following the Friday evening rehearsal.
- Friday – 1/19
1:30pm to 4:00pm – Rehearsal
4:00pm to 5:00pm – Dinner
5:00pm to 6:30pm – RehearsalSaturday – 1/20
9:30am to 11:30am – Rehearsal
11:30am to 1:30pm – Lunch
1:30pm to 3:00pm – Rehearsal
3:00pm – Concerts Begin (MS First)
- Friday – 1/19
- Winter Guard has a Saturday camp THIS SATURDAY at Anderson! Check your yellow schedule for times and details.
- Winter Guard is selling YANKEE CANDLES to fundraise for their season!! If you are in need of some beautiful scents for your house or office…or GIFTS contact Ms. Gonzalez and she will get you in contact with a winter guard student! Support these hard working students in their efforts this season!
- The Austin Symphony will be performing an outreach concert for all Anderson 9th grade students on January 24 at 11:15am at the Austin ISD Performing Arts Center. The following band students have been invited to ‘sit in’ with the Austin Symphony as they perform Tchaikovsky’s March Slav: Mary White (oboe) Alec Monroy (clarinet) Steven Oh (trumpet) Andrea de Santiago Perez (flute) and David Oh (percussion). Congrats to these students!!! (Reminder: you have a rehearsal January 21 at 2pm at the Rollins Theater at the Long Center for the Performing Arts. Please arrive 30 minutes early to check in.)
- January 25 we wil embark on our annual elementary school tour with the marching band (including dance guard). I am sending a separate email with details for that day. Traditionally we do this immediately after the marching season ends, but we moved it to January this year because we had already taken band students out of class several times during the marching season.
- Come see the Anderson Musical ‘INTO THE WOODS!’ Showtimes are Thursday (1/25) Friday (1/26) and Saturday (1/27) at 7pm and Sunday 1/28) at 2pm. Box office opens one hour before showtimes, open seating. Come early to ensure you get a good seat! Tickets $5 students and $10 adults.
- JANUARY 30 Pops Concert in the Anderson Theater! 7pm
Coming up in February!
Feb 2 Basketball band for the GIRLS GAME.
Feb 13 Basketball Band for the BOYS GAME.