What is Fair Share?
Fair Share is Required for ALL band students: concert, marching and dance guard.
Includes, but is not limited to:
- Music Licensing for the marching band show each year
- July/August Camp Costs – Music and Instruction (we will hire approximately 20 people to come and work with the kids during this time)
- Uniform Costs- gloves for wind players, marching uniform including tailoring, custom show uniform for dance guard, tailored tuxedos and dresses for wind players, tuxedo cleaning at the end of the year
- Band t-shirt to wear under uniform (show shirt)
- Competition Entry Fees: BOA events (Waco), 2 U.S. Bands, UIL Marching, UIL Concert and Sightreading, Solo and Ensemble, Region Band
- Band and some Dance Guard supplies including flag material, equipment and repairs
- Music arrangements, licensing, drill design, instruction and technical assistance for band and dance guard
- Bus transportation for competitions
- Meals for all competitions for all band students
- Water and snacks for all football games and competitions
- Dry cleaning of concert tuxedos at the end of the concert season
- Operating fees including copy machine, UIL entry fees and local Solo and Ensemble judges
All Students participating in band/guard are expected to meet the payment schedule listed below. We incur many costs in advance on students’ behalf. For this reason, there can be no refunds due to ineligibility or change of schedule, as expenses are pre-paid. Plan well in advance and pass your classes! Parents of any student with financial difficulty must contact the director by email in advance of any due date affected for an extension. Communication is the key and TOTAL PARTICIPATION in all fundraisers is required for anyone in this circumstance.
Students with outstanding fees and no communication with directors will not receive letter jacket or travel on band trips. PLEASE COMMUNICATE!
Fair Share: $450
FAIR SHARE Payment options:
Option 1: Payment in full due July 30 of $450
Option 2: Three Installments
- July 30 $200 Due
- Aug 20 $150 Due
- Sept 17 $100 Due
Note: Individualized payment schedules can be scheduled by contacting Mrs. Gonzalez (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly.
You can pay by mailing in a check made out to Anderson High School Band, 8403 Mesa Dr., Austin, TX 78759 or paying through the TROJAN SPIRIT STORE online.
- Additional Staff (clinicians, technicians, marching season and concert bands) 27%
- Administration for Band (copier, paper, postage, etc.) 3%
- Buses (for competitions only) 11%
- Competition Fees (UIL, BOA, Region, etc.) 5%
- Equipment and Transportation (truck rental, trailer, lighting, flags, props, etc.) 16%
- Instrument Repairs 3%
- Meals for Competitions 7%
- Music (Marching Show Music & Drill and Concert Music for band classes) 12%
- Student Benefits (band banquet, letter jackets, water bottles, socials, etc.) 8%
- Uniforms 8%
Where the Money Comes From
Fair Share 47%