Welcome to the Anderson Trojan Guard!
We are so excited to have you join the Anderson Trojan Guard! Here you can be a part of a great group of students while perfecting your dance and movement skills!
Our mission at the Anderson Trojan Guard, is to strive to become the best versions of ourselves through diligence, confidence, excellence, and teamwork. We give all members a safe place to call home and we give our audiences unforgettable, cutting-edge entertainment.
What other perks are there? Well…
- You’ll earn both PE and Fine Arts credits.
- There’s no experience necessary! Everyone is a beginner at some point so don’t be afraid of trying something new.
- All genders are welcome!!!
- This is a great way to have a strong group of friends at Anderson from the very first day!
- Commit to attend all practices and performances (see schedule)
- Maintain academic eligibility in all your classes (70% or higher)
- Be ready to work hard and have fun while doing it!
Important: there is a cost to participate in Band and Guard. Please find more information in Fair Share.
Note: You can sign up for Dance Guard only, Winter Guard only, or both.
WHAT IS DANCE GUARD?
Our mission at the Anderson Guard is to strive to become the best versions of ourselves through diligence, confidence, excellence, and teamwork. We give all members a safe place to call home and we give our audiences unforgettable, cutting-edge entertainment.
We are a team of enthusiastic students who perform choreographed dances and routines with various equipment to enhance and interpret music. We use various equipment including, flags, non-functioning rifles, sabres, along with other props.
We usually perform with the Marching Band during football games at halftime, and Marching Band competitions, in which the guard adds to the overall score of the band and can be judged in many categories including but not limited to: visual effects, general effect, auxiliary, and color guard.
When are practices and performances?
- During Marching Band season practices and performances are usually the same day and times as Marching Band. But flexibility is needed because days and times might change as rehearsal needs change constantly.
- Marching Band 2024 Summer kick off camp: Times TBD
US Bands 2021 FINALS
Anderson Trojan Band finished 4th out of 23 competitors!
WHAT IS WINTER GUARD?
Winter Guard is an indoor activity and we participate in Competitions independently from the Marching Band. It is a competitive, performance-based activity which incorporates choreographed, staging, dance, and manipulation of equipment such as flags and prop rifles and sabres (also known as “spinning”). Unlike traditional Color Guard, Winter Guard performances and contests are held indoors, usually in a gymnasium or an indoor arena.
Performances typically last 3 to 7 minutes and are accompanied by recorded soundtracks rather than live music. Winter Guard ensembles often perform at judged competitions officiated by local and regional associations using criteria developed by Winter Guard International, host of the annual Winter Guard International World Championships in Dayton, Ohio. The World Championships event purportedly attracts 60,000 visitors to the event annually. Scoring attempts to rank units on the repertoire and achievement of aspects of each performance such as unity, quality, range, precision, skill, design, and effect.
Watch this video for more information:
And here is a sneak peak of the Fall Dance Concert!
When is Winter Guard season?
- Winter Guard season begins when Marching Band season is over.
2024 Winter Guard Season Tryouts
- When: TBD
- Where: TBD
2024 Winter Guard Season Rehearsals (Tentative)
- Begins after Thanksgiving break
- Ends at the end of March
- Days and times TBD
- Some rehearsals may be added
Follow us on Instagram @andersontrojanguard
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Ms. Lee.