What is Fair Share?
Fair Share is Required for ALL band & guard students: winds, percussion, and dance guard.
Includes, but is not limited to:
- Summer Band Camp costs – Music and Instruction (we will hire approximately 20 people to come and work with the kids during this time)
- Uniform Costs- gloves for wind players, marching uniform including tailoring, custom show uniform for dance guard, concert uniforms for wind players, dry cleaning at the end of the year
- Band show shirt
- Competition Entry Fees: BOA events (Waco), marching competitions, UIL Marching, UIL Concert and Sightreading, Solo and Ensemble, Region Band
- Band and some Dance Guard supplies including flag material, equipment and repairs
- Music arrangements, licensing, drill design, instruction and technical assistance for band and dance guard
- Bus transportation for competitions
- Meals for all competitions for all band students
- Water and snacks for all football games and competitions
- Dry cleaning of concert uniforms at the end of the concert season
- Operating fees including copy machine, UIL entry fees and local Solo and Ensemble judges
All Students participating in band/guard are expected to meet the payment schedule listed below. We incur many costs in advance on students’ behalf. For this reason, there can be no refunds due to ineligibility or change of schedule, as expenses are pre-paid. Plan well in advance and pass your classes! Parents of any student with financial difficulty must contact the director by email in advance of any due date affected for an extension. Communication is the key and TOTAL PARTICIPATION in all fundraisers is required for anyone in this circumstance.
Students with outstanding fees and no communication with directors will not receive letter jacket or travel on band trips. PLEASE COMMUNICATE!
Fair Share Amount: varies; usually around $400-$450
FAIR SHARE Payment options: Payment is due in full the first week of summer band camp.
Every child has a right to be part of high school band, and no child will be prohibited from participating due to financial limitations. Please contact the band director if you need to discuss a payment schedule or other arrangement.
You can pay by mailing in a check made out to Anderson High School Band, 8403 Mesa Dr., Austin, TX 78759 or paying through School Cash Online (a notification when this is set up for the new school year will come out in the Blast).
- Additional Staff (clinicians, technicians, marching season and concert bands) 27%
- Administration for Band (copier, paper, postage, etc.) 3%
- Buses (for competitions only) 11%
- Competition Fees (UIL, BOA, Region, etc.) 5%
- Equipment and Transportation (truck rental, trailer, lighting, flags, props, etc.) 16%
- Instrument Repairs 3%
- Meals for Competitions 7%
- Music (Marching Show Music & Drill and Concert Music for band classes) 12%
- Student Benefits (band banquet, letter jackets, water bottles, socials, etc.) 8%
- Uniforms 8%
Where the Money Comes From
Fair Share 47%