Hello Dance Guard!
We are so excited to start back on the 22nd! NOTE – the start time is 8am…it said 9am in the spring camp packet, but should be 8am! The band got a snail-mail letter because it had a fabric swatch…but since you don’t need to purchase band uniforms shorts we are sending yours via email! Here are the important things you need to know! MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A COMPLETED PHYSICAL FORM to turn in the morning of the 22nd so you can participate! CLICK HERE for a blank copy of the form! Please read HERE the complete guard handbook and turn in all forms completed on the first morning of camp! Saturday, Aug 3, we will have our registration day which is mandatory for all. This is a one-stop-shop in the band hall to pay fees, order meals, and sign up for everything for the year. Timeframe is 9am-noon in the band hall. Stop in and take care of fees and paperwork!
All members of the dance guard start back on July 22! You will have a guard only camp (YAY!) from 8am-5pm each day at Hillcrest Church Gym (3838 Steck Ave, Austin, TX 78759). We meet here because it allows us to have uninterrupted gym access.
Summer Band & Guard Camp
- Designated color shirt & any color athletic bottom – shorts are preferable…..It’s HOT!
- Mondays: Blue top and athletic bottoms
- Tuesdays: Green top and athletic bottoms
- Wednesdays: Pink top and athletic bottoms
- Thursdays: Purple top and athletic bottoms
- Fridays: Red top and athletic bottoms
- Comfortable OLD tennis shoes. Don’t buy anything new.
- Hat or visor
- Home Depot Tool Belt “BOB” – This is a small tool belt that can be purchased at Home Depot or Lowes. The tool belts will be used during the marching band season to wear around the waist to hold a set book, pen/pencil, sunglasses and sweat rag.
- 1 GALLON water bottle (filled with water only!!!) ** Blue Coleman provided!** . You will get this on the first day if you are a new member.
- Healthy snacks – non-perishable & you will need to bring your lunch every day. Students will have an hour to eat lunch so they may also walk to the nearest restaurants if desired (Randalls, Mesa Mart, etc.)
- Black hoodie and black sweatpants to wear over costume when weather gets cooler (can be any brand of your choice, no stripes/logos/bling/etc.)
- Black TOMS or canvas “look a likes” to wear with your summer uniform.
- Summer Uniform Top- Will be passed out during Summer Band Camp
- Appropriate Undergarments – to wear with costumes, we will discuss specifics during band camp
- Denim pants worn to school on game days.
- Black Racerback Sports Bra to be worn with summer uniform
Costumes & Band-Owned Supplies
The following items are issued to all members and are expected to be returned on time and in excellent condition at the end of the season:
- Garment Bag
- Costume (including shoes and tights when applicable)
- All checked out Flags/Equipment
Each new member will receive one of each of the following items to keep:
- Summer Uniform Top
- Grey Dance Guard V-Neck
- Large Water Bottle
- Summer Uniform Pants
- Duffel Bag
**Returning members are responsible for replacing lost or damaged items as they are required of every Dance Guard member**
Due to the rapid pace of summer band camp, excessive tardies and/or absences will result in the loss of a primary marching spot or penalties in alternate performance opportunities. A large portion of choreography will be taught during the summer, as well as introduction technique that will set our team up for success throughout the whole season. During summer band camp, the directors are given the opportunity to learn about your work ethic and drive to be successful. If you are brand new to dance and/or color guard, this does not necessarily mean that you won’t have a spot in the show, primary marching spots will be given to those that try their hardest every day and strive to improve their weaknesses. The loss of a primary marching spot will be the result of multiple unexcused tardies, unexcused absences, or lack of effort to learn choreography and skills. These decisions are are up to director discretion. Communication is key!
GUARD Fair Share Fees
The total amount for all the supplies your student will need and the operating costs are fair share which is $450 for the year. You can pay in one payment of $450 or choose a payment plan. Fair share pays for all individual items for your student (their costume/uniform, competition meals, water bottle, transportation to all events) so timely payments are extremely important!
Installment Payment Schedule
July 22nd $200.00
August 20th $150.00
September 17th $100.00
Individualized payment schedules can be scheduled by contacting Mrs. Gonzalez (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly.
You can pay by mailing in a check made out to Anderson High School Band, 8403 Mesa Dr., Austin, TX 78759 or paying through the TROJAN Band STORE online.
Forms To Sign and Return to the first day of band camp!
- PHYSICAL FORM (Must have on the first day to turn in!)
- Dance Guard Handbook Contract CLICK HERE FOR THE HANDBOOK
- Fair Share Contract and first payment
- Costume Commitment Contract
These are due on the first morning of guard summer band camp, July 22!!
We look forward to seeing you very soon! If you have questions please email Mr. Josey at email@example.com