Greetings Trojan Band Fans!
Thank you for another fantastic week! Beware this is a critical week – lots of information below……
*Percussion parents – at the very bottom of the blast is info for the Dripping Springs Drum line Contest next Saturday.*
- ELIGIBILITY check is this coming Friday!! If you are not passing all classes by 4:30pm on Friday afternoon (September 20) when the registrar runs the eligibility snapshot, you will be ineligible for the majority of the marching season. Primary marchers/guard that are ineligible will lose primary spots for the entire season. Ineligible students must still attend all practices and rehearsals…the only difference is during the period of ineligibility they cannot travel and perform with the band. If you are in the danger zone, you need to have everything turned in and be on the ‘up and up’ by this WEDNESDAY.
- BAND AND DANCE GUARD SPRING TRIP – We are excited to announce our combined trip with Anderson Band & Choir students this year to San Antonio, Six Flags Fiesta Texas on April 24 & 25. This is a small trip year for both programs so we thought combining would add to the fun! After going to Hawaii last year, and a big trip out-of-state trip next year, this is meant to be a smaller, more affordable trip. Click here for more detailed info on the trip. DEPOSIT OF $50 is due September 23 if you are planning on going. You may pay by cash or check to ‘Anderson Trojan Band’ or online on the band website store.
- September Fair Share Final Payment of Installment plan DUE! $100 can be made by cash or check to the Anderson Trojan Band or paid via credit card on the ONLINE STORE.
- CapCity Marching Festival on September 28 Info is available! OUR Schedule for the day as well as Spectator Info HERE. Your child’s meals that day are provided by the catering committee and come out of your fair share fee.
- REMINDER – LONG evening rehearsal this Monday goes until 8pm and not 7:30pm due to the fact it’s a short week with the Thursday night game.
Monday FULL REHEARSAL 5-8pm *NOTE TIME*
Tuesday – no rehearsal…attend tutorials, schedule appointments!
Wednesday – Band 7:10am-8:40am; Guard evening rehearsal (BRING YOUR BELLE TUNE)
**YOU NEED TO HAVE ALL CLASSES CAUGHT UP, PASSING, AND ALL ASSIGNMENTS CLEAR AND TURNED IN BY END OF THE DAY WEDNESDAY AS FRIDAY IS THE GRADE CHECK**
Thursday – Full rehearsal 7:10am-8:40am
THURSDAY NIGHT GAME – at Nelson Field Vs. Hays
FRIDAY – END OF THE 6 WEEKS GRADING PERIOD – GRADE REPORT RUN AT 4:30PM FOR ELIGIBILITY
FRIDAY EVENING – Percussion rehearsal 4:45-6:15pm
SATURDAY – Percussion ONLY – Dripping Springs Drum Line Competition
PERCUSSION ONLY – IN PREPARATION FOR DRIPPING SPRINGS – We will have a rehearsal on Friday from 4:45-6:15pm instead of that morning.
We have a tentative performance time of 1:45, With a tentative band hall call time at 9:00 am. This is not a prelims/finals event so students are free to leave afterwards or stay until the end of the contest around 9 pm. We will be carpooling to the event.