ANDERSON CITY LIMITS will showcase student ensembles from Anderson as well as instrument ‘choirs’ of Anderson and Murchison students combined. This is a ‘fun(d)-raiser’ for the bands and a way for you to enjoy a night out with great music.
WHEN: Tuesday, April 25, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. Event time is 6-7:30 roughly. The student’s obligation is for their warm up (30 minutes before) and their performance time. They will report to the Anderson band hall/foyer 30 minutes before their performance time for a section warm up and rehearsal. Please be a little early – your ‘report time’ is when you should be ready to go! They will then travel to the courtyard for their performance time with their section.
WHERE: In the Courtyard of Anderson High School
WHO: All Anderson and Murchison band students, family and community members
WHAT TO EXPECT: In addition to great music, fun, food, and fellowship, here is the information you need to know.
- Anderson students wear jeans and TANGO T-shirt
- Murchison students 8th graders should wear their TANGO shirts and jeans. 6th & 7th graders should wear your jeans and your MMS band t-shirt.
- Report to band hall at 5:30, Perform at 6:00
- Tubas and Double Reeds (perform in Courtyard)
- Clarinets and Saxophones (perform in Courtyard)
- Report to band hall at 6:00, Perform at 6:30
- Trumpets and Horns (perform in Courtyard)
- Trombones and Euphoniums (perform in Courtyard)
- Report to band hall at 6:30, Perform at 7:00
- Percussion (perform in the Band Hall) *** Grab your tacos and head there!**
- Flutes (perform in the Courtyard)
Dinner is provided by the Anderson food truck ‘Nacho Average Food Truck’ and if you haven’t tried it – you are going to be amazed. Thanks for pre-purchasing tickets! We will have a few extra plates available for purchase at the door so if you are interested in snatching one of the limited extra plates email Ms. Gonzalez!
FOOD WILL BE SERVED 5:30 TO 7:30 ONLY.
You may eat at any time, but you are encouraged to ‘cash in’ your dinner ticket immediately after your child’s performance or if your child performs later then one hour before performance time.
Volunteer! Can you help out with event set-up and/or clean-up?
- Sign up for a volunteer spot – we need and appreciate your help to make this a great event!
We have been collecting some amazing raffle items. Haven’t purchased yours yet? Raffle tickets will be on sale for $5 during the event at the entrance to the courtyard (near the band hall, and adjacent to the cafeteria). You don’t have to be present to win. Don’t miss out!