Greetings Anderson Band Family!
Summer band is almost here and we are so excited to have you on board for another great year! For the second year in a row we are welcoming a large freshman class and we are excited for the growth in store for the band. To those new to the band it is going to be a great experience for you over the next four years – both students and parents. We are looking forward to presenting our Fall Production “ConnectUS” featuring the music “160BPM” from Angels and Demons, “Bridge Over Troubled Water,” and “Waving Through A Window” from the Musical Dear Evan Hansen.
If you are new, you are probably feeling overwhelmed – this is completely normal! We are here to help you and hopefully this email is clean and concise for you to get a quick grasp on what you need to take care of on your end! Please do not hesitate to reach out to any of the directors with questions you may have.
Here is a TO DO list for you as you prepare for re-entry into the band world!
- Parents AND STUDENTS need to be signed up for the Trojan Band Blast. This email newsletter will be sent out weekly throughout the year and all students are responsible for the information it includes.
- ALL Students (parents are welcome and encouraged too) need to join the BAND APP. This is taking place of the private band Facebook page that we have used in the past. To join the BAND APP follow this link https://band.us/n/a7a3w1sb55hfY
- If you have questions or issues in joining the app, email Ms. Gonzalez for assistance. Andrea.firstname.lastname@example.org
- BAND REGISTRATION DAY is Aug 4 from 9am-1. You will come in to get fitted for a marching uniform, drive a FORD for the Ford Test Drive (Fundraiser where the band gets $20 for each drive!!) and fill out all necessary forms. Parents may purchase show shirts and polos for the family as well. More information will come in a separate band blast.
- SUBSCRIBE to the BAND CALENDAR online – all events for the year are charted here.
- BAND FAIR SHARE FEES are the yearly fees that cover student expenses as well as certain program operating costs. Fair share #1 if paying installments is due July 30 ($200). Fair share in full for the year is $450. To see payment plans, and what these student fees cover click HERE. Band fair share is required for all students in band. For individual payment plans or concerns please email Ms. Gonzalez (Andrea.email@example.com). Please do not let fees detour your participation – email Ms. Gonzalez for assistance if needed.
- Purchase the CASUAL UNFORM. This is the unform that we wear for marching performance for the month of September. It consists of Light tan Bermuda shorts, the blue AT polo, brown belt and white shoes and no-show socks. You will need to provide the SHORTS (start looking now, and make sure you get the right style, it’s very specific!) as well as brown belt, socks and shoes. The first time we will wear this is for the parent show-off at the end of camp. READ HERE to find out about the parts needed for the casual uniform.
We look forward to seeing you VERY soon! Make sure as you prepare for summer band you take these steps to set your body up for success.
- Go outside everyday and take a walk so you are acclimated to the heat.
- Drink LOTS and LOTS of water throughout the day. Get in the habit of eliminating sugary drinks and sipping on that good ‘ol H2O!!
- Eat healthy! Fruits and vegetables as well as plenty of protein need to be part of your daily diet. Start knocking out the sugars and processed foods to help your body gear up for the activity!
- Sleep and get into a healthy ‘routine.’ During the summer many of us (myself included…especially with a newborn in the house) have very odd sleeping habits. If you aren’t already, start going to bed at a reasonable hour and get a solid night’s sleep.
MUSIC PREPARATION: Music preparation of movement one is a determining factor directors will use in deciding who gets primary marching spots. Careful preparation of notes and rhythms as well as memorization will be part of the marching pass off we do the first few days of camp. PRACTICE YOUR MUSIC and do the work beforehand!!
We look forward to seeing you very soon! Practice your music intelligently with a metronome and be prepared with notes and rhythms for the first day of camp for pass off checkpoint one! If you have any questions, reach out to your section leaders or directors!!! Get excited – GO BAND!!